Today I have a blog post courtesy of the lovely Mia Hoddell. Mia writes some wonderful self published books. Her new novel, Not Enough, comes out this week and is extremely good. I asked Mia what some of her favourite self published novels were and she had this to say:
Because I’m an indie author, I love supporting other indies and self-published authors. Nowadays the majority of the books I read are by indies and I have found plenty of favourites this way. Here are some of my favourites (they’re not listed in any particular order).
1. L.P Dover – Her Second Chance, Gloves Off, and Armed & Dangerous series are brilliant.
2. Rachel Van Dyken – I love all of her books but have a soft spot for her Eagle Elite and mafia books. The Consequences of Loving Colton is also one of the funniest books I’ve read in 2015.
3. Samantha Towle – I loved Trouble and Revved.
4. Airicka Phoenix – I’m not usually a fan of romances with kids, but her Baby Saga is heart-warming. Transcending Darkness is also an interesting book.
5. M. Leighton – I took a chance on Pocket Full of Sand and it was amazing.
6. Kendall Ryan – I found her by reading The Gentleman Mentor.
7. R.J Prescott – The Hurricane is one of my favourite books of the year. I also can’t believe I’m going to be signing with her in Cardiff in 2016!
8. Kaylee Ryan – I’d recommend Just Say When.
9. Skyla Madi – I loved her Consumed series. She’s also published by the same publisher as me, eek!
10. Aly Martinez – I read The Fall Up recently as an ARC and love it.
A few others authors I love who started out as indies and are now traditionally published are:
1. Jennifer L Armentrout
2. Colleen Hoover
3. J.A Redmerski
4. Cassia Leo
5. Jessica Sorensen
by Mia Hoddell
Genre: Upper YA/NA Contemporary Romance
Release Date: November 16th 2015
Neve Colvin isn’t good enough. As an introvert, her life is a never-ending list of labels and criticism. Pressures to change come from everyone—including the one person she thought would love her unconditionally … her mother. All Neve wants is acceptance, but surrounded by extroverts it’s a wish that’s nearly impossible to fulfil.
For Neve there’s only one solution: anyone disapproving must go. Even if it means only one person will remain.
That person is her lifelong friend Blake Reynolds. He’s seen the fights with her mum, the breakdowns caused by attacks on her personality, and the battles for acceptance. Each time she is left shattered and questioning who she is, he’s the one to collect the pieces of her broken heart. Shielding her from the cruelty is his only concern. But how can he protect her when Neve is concealing a secret so dark?
Blake thinks he knows everything about her, and with their relationship developing, he assumes Neve trusts him fully. However, there is one memory Neve is too ashamed of to share. Revealing it will test Blake’s loyalty beyond what she could ever ask, and Blake is the only friend she can’t afford to lose. He’s the one person capable of dragging her from the darkness plaguing her, but with pressures to conform increasing, even Blake may not be enough to pull her back this time.
What reviewers are saying:
About the Author
#1 Amazon bestselling author Mia Hoddell lives in the UK with her family and two cats. She spends most of her time writing or reading, loves anything romantic, and has an overactive imagination that keeps her up until the early hours of the morning.
Mia has written over ten titles including her Seasons of Change series, the Chequered Flag series, the Elemental Killers series, and her standalone novels False Finder and Not Enough.
Her favourite genres are contemporary romance or romantic suspense, and with an ever growing list of ideas she is trying to keep up with the speed at which her imagination generates them. She also designs book covers on her website M Designs.