I know, I know. I’m shocked that I’ve written another post so soon as well. Although, I didn’t actually come up with the premise for this post. Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks theme is characters that you would like to check in with and see how they’re doing now that a series is over.
- Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter – Luna is one of my favourites and I would love to just have a glimpse at her life every now and again to make sure she is hanging in there.
- Esther Greenwood from The Bell Jar – I identified with Esther in so many ways so it’d just be nice to see how she is doing and find out if she ever becomes happy.
- Charlie from The Perks of Being a Wallflower – This is the same as Esther. I just want to make sure he managed to get on with his life okay.
- Tori Spring from Soliraire by Alice Oseman – This book was my favourite from last year, so it makes sense that I feel attached to the characters. Tori was getting her life back on track when we left her, so I’d like to see if she finally managed to do that.
- Nick and Amy from Gone Girl – I have a love/hate relationship with these characters, so much so that I feel the need to check up on them often to make sure they haven’t had kids or done anything that will make their genes carry on into a new generation.
- Billy and Teddy from Young Avengers – Whilst these two babes are not technically from a book, I love them all the same. I have extreme withdrawal symptoms and they need to stop. Any writers out there that feel like carrying on the comic series, I will pay you.
- Jane Eyre from Jane Eyre (obviously) – I feel responsible for Jane because I passionately hate Mr Rochester. If I had my way, Jane would’ve left England and joined a gang of pirates and had marvellous adventures.
- Melanie from The Magic Toyshop – The ending of this book is extremely ambiguous. I want to know if she ever married Finn. I also want to know what happened to the rest of her family, she never really expands upon that.
- Mia Thermopolis from The Princess Diaries – I stopped reading these books a long time ago, but it would be nice to see how Mia is doing now. I realise I don’t actually know how the series ended, so looking it up on Wikipedia might be the more manageable option here.
- Magnus Bane – He’s in so many books I can’t be bothered to write them all out. I think someone needs to keep an eye on him though, it might stop him getting into trouble.
What characters do you want to check in with?