I’ve been away from blogging for quite a while and am really really sorry. Sixth Form life is incredibly busy and I had to take some time out of things I liked doing in order to get everything done. But I am back now.
I hate writing New Years resolutions, why make them if you don’t keep them. However, I thought it might be cool to create some reading goals, so this time next year I can see how many I have achieved.
- Read 75 books. I can track this on my Goodreads account and try to reach my goal. This year I had a goal of 50 and beat it by a lot, especially since I didn’t record many of the books I had read.
- Read at least 5 classic novels. Since reading Jane Eyre in English Lit I have discovered that it actually isn’t that hard to read old books. So my goal is to finish 5. If you have any recommendations, could you tell me in the comments and I will add them to my list.
- Finish A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin. I started reading this book over a year ago and never got very far. I really enjoy the TV show and now that I know what is happening with the plot, I can try to keep up.
- Read more Graphic Novels. I used to hate reading graphic novels. I didn’t enjoy them at all. However, this year I purchased a Young Avengers comic and fell in love. I’m a complete convert. Next year I want to delve deeper into the world of Marvel.
- Go to the Library. This may seem like and odd one. How shocking, a book blogger who doesn’t use her local library. However, my library is tiny and the YA section is awful. I’ve read the majority of the books in there already. In 2015 I want to visit the larger library in the town next to mine and use it more often.
What are your bookish goals for 2015?