I’ve been ill for the last couple of weeks, which sucks because it means that I have no energy to read. Sorry Patrick Rothfuss, your 994 page epic fantasy novels will have to wait a while. Normally when I’m feeling like this I like to re read books. They are normally the ones that make me happy, or have a special meaning. I don’t know if anyone else does this but it makes me feel a whole lot better. I thought I’d share some of my favourites with you.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I love this book to death. I find it so easy to relate to Charlie and even though it seems a little bit cliché now, I don’t think I’ll ever be sick of it.
- Looking for Alaska by John Green. This book is my favourite of his books and it’s the first one I read. It’s such an interesting story, even if the characters are a little annoying.
- Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. Oh how I wish I could live in the Inkworld. Funnily enough, I’ve never finished the 3rd book. I don’t want it to end.
- Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling. Duh.
- Flowers in the Attic by Virginia Andrews. This book is weird. The whole story line is insanely creepy and twisted. I have grown to love the characters though and I would definitely recommend it.
What books do you like to read when you are ill?
Photo by My Brother